
August 23, 2011
I’m back from Showcase and I'm so excited about the future of Creative Memories and where we are going!! I’ve got so much to share with you over the next few weeks. Today I want to give you my list of my Top Ten Picks of Showcase Highlights, you’ll be able to research these on the cmc-network if you want more information plus I encourage you to attend a local Unit or Area Meeting to hear more about Showcase Highlights. Our Calgary Area Meeting is on September 6th, hope to see you there (Invitation attached).
Elaine’s Showcase Highlights
1. Connecting with friends. The social part of convention is always a motivator for me, I love networking with fellow consultants and sharing the excitement of such a successful weekend.
2. The new Creative Memories Party! And everything is a Party. You can now turn all events into a Party and receive host credits. They’ve changed things up and created a module template for hosting parties. I’ll attach the Party Framework at a Glance but I encourage you to visit cmc-network, watch the video presentation and get informed. I believe this format encompasses all that CM represents; they’ve incorporated a segment that showcases all of our ALBUMS back into the party giving customers a sneak peek of both traditional and digital. I love the new format and think you will too. Before you judge it you’ll need to take the time to review and then schedule a few Parties of your own. That’s my challenge to each of you, schedule your 1st Party using the new template and let me know how it goes.
3. Storybook 4.0 Software!!! Yippee!! As you know I love Storybook and creating digital albums, this was my favourite announcement of the weekend.
4. Bahamas! Who wouldn’t want to go?? I do and I’m hoping each of you will consider this incentive trip set for May 6-9, 2010 in Paradise Island, Bahamas.
5. Leadership Conference is in Orlando, Florida on January 12-15, 2012. And what’s awesome about this is that the points you are earning for the incentive trip to the Bahamas can also earn you free registration to Leadership in Orlando! If you aren’t currently a leader but want to be one or if you’ve been sitting on the sidelines with your business this is the perfect time to reignite the flame and re-launch your business, you can be there!!
6. Although I’m not an avid traditional scrapbooker I love what CM offers and the big announcement this weekend was the new Cricut Expression 2. Last year CM partnered with Cricut and they introduced a couple of cartridges only available through CM consultants. This year we have added the Cricut Expressions 2 to our product line as a commissionable product. For a short time it is exclusive to CM consutlants so check it out on cmc-network, get the details and share them with your crafty customers!
7. New Product!!! New product is a highlight every year and it seemed to me that there was a ton of new stuff introduced. Albums galore, paper packs and of course for us Digi Diva’s we’re excited about all the new downloads. Check out new product on cmc-network, you’re gonna love it!!
8. The Flip Pal mini scanner!!! Now this baby scanner is a must have, I ordered 4 of them today!!! CM invited a representative from Flip Pal to feature and demonstrate this product and it was a huge success. For now you can order directly from their website, currently this is not a commissionable CM product but I gotta believe that could be around the corner. This tool is a gem and a must have for all scrapbookers. I definitely want to see this item on our inventory list in the near future. Check out their website at www.flip-pal.com
9. Awards Ceremonies are always a highlight and I loved seeing all the Canadian gals who represented us Canucks so well walk across the stage. Congrats to all of you on a job well done.
10. Reigniting the Passion! This is a long one so be prepared!
Tomorrow is eleven months since I lost the love of my life in a tragic plane accident. I never imagined this nor was I prepared to be alone at 49 years of age. Many days I wonder how I will make it through until the next, my heart hurts and I’m alone, scared and walking unfamiliar territory without him here. He was my encourager, supporter and motivator. He challenged me in life to be the best I could be and he was very much a part of my success with Creative Memories. Chuck loved that I had found something in my life that I loved and was passionate about. He encouraged me over and over during the past 20 years, listening to my concerns and celebrating my successes.
My career has had its ups and downs but because of the strength of YOU, my team, my title as Director is strong and our team remains at the top in Canada for recruiting and sales volume. A couple of years ago I really questioned my commitment to CM and how I would manage to stay involved with the busy schedule that Chuck and I had, but I just could not walk away. I often thought back to the “original” reason of “Why I became a CM consultant” over 20 years ago. It was because I believed in the mission!! With three young daughters at the time and mounds of photos just waiting to be showcased in quality albums I began my journey as a consultant. And then with the realization that others needed to hear this message of how they too could share their photos and stories in keepsake albums, I set out on my journey. The rest is history. When I think about the reason I’m still in CM, well it hasn’t changed! I love the mission, I love creating albums, and I love preserving memories. Today more than ever this is important. Even after 20 years and approximately 80 completed albums I still have mounds of photos, some of them more precious than ever.
So today, even though my #1 fan, my #1 supporter and encourager is not here with me I feel his presence. I know Chuck would want me to continue to be involved with something that I LOVE and something that has always give me a sense of accomplishment, joy and pride. I love and admire my CM friends, team members and my (although few) customers and now more than ever I need these relationships in my life.
So, I’m here to stay. Showcase was exactly what I needed to remind me of why I’m a CM consultant and why I do what I do. It was also the catalyst that I needed to reignite and re-launch my CM business. I love what I do and I can’t imagine not being a part of this amazing journey.
I thank each and every one of you for your support, love and patience over the last several months. I have not been the leader that I know I can be, you have shown me grace. I know that my situation allowed me this time to work on healing and I’m forever grateful to each of you and Creative Memories for allowing me to do that. This is a long road and I know it’s far from over but I’m healing and moving forward.
Finally, not only am I planning to re-commit to my business I want to re-commit to each of you.
• This is my 1st blog update since late August of last year but there will be more to come. I’m committing to regular communication through my blog with postings for Unit Meetings, Recognition, and Consultant Challenges, Tips and Ideas and much more.
• I’m also committing to reaching out to my team leaders by visiting them and/or their teams at least once per year. I will be in Lacombe, Alta on September 17th and Edmonton, Alta. October 22nd to celebrate with Bette Axani’s team and Cheryl Richards team.
• I have recommitted to our Calgary Area meetings which are usually held on the 1st Tuesday of every month. The area meetings are getting a little facelift this fall and they will be incorporating some social events and digital training events. I will post all events on www.matsonmailbox.blogspot.com in the future.
• As well, because of my passion for digital scrapbooking I will be hosting training sessions in my home for customers and consultants beginning in September. Watch my blog for the upcoming training dates.
• I’ve printed a Consultant Communication sheet and I plan to call leaders and consultants monthly. If you are interested in weekly communication or phone calls please let me know and we will make that happen. I will be looking at my agenda this week and setting aside 2 days per month for these calls, daytime or evening calls will be an option so if you have a preference please let me know.
• My focus will be my 1st line, Central Team and Leaders who have an upline that has limited or no communication with their teams.
• I plan to encourage and challenge you to move forward with your business and more importantly I hope I can be the leader that “leads the way”. Genevieve Skory talked about two different types of leaders; Leaders by Title or VIP Leaders. I want to be in the VIP group for sure, I want to be a leader of Vision, Influence and Perspective.
As always I’m cheering each of you on in your CM journey, many blessings to you as you move forward with CM this fall. Ask yourself, “Why did I become a Creative Memories consultant?” Has that changed? Reignite the passion for your business, host your own Creative Memories Party using the new format, share an album with a friend, call an old customer that you haven’t talked to in a while, sit down and write out your top 3 goals for this year and then share your successes and stories with me. I look forward to hearing from YOU!
Hugs, Elaine
I’m back from Showcase and I'm so excited about the future of Creative Memories and where we are going!! I’ve got so much to share with you over the next few weeks. Today I want to give you my list of my Top Ten Picks of Showcase Highlights, you’ll be able to research these on the cmc-network if you want more information plus I encourage you to attend a local Unit or Area Meeting to hear more about Showcase Highlights. Our Calgary Area Meeting is on September 6th, hope to see you there (Invitation attached).
Elaine’s Showcase Highlights
1. Connecting with friends. The social part of convention is always a motivator for me, I love networking with fellow consultants and sharing the excitement of such a successful weekend.
2. The new Creative Memories Party! And everything is a Party. You can now turn all events into a Party and receive host credits. They’ve changed things up and created a module template for hosting parties. I’ll attach the Party Framework at a Glance but I encourage you to visit cmc-network, watch the video presentation and get informed. I believe this format encompasses all that CM represents; they’ve incorporated a segment that showcases all of our ALBUMS back into the party giving customers a sneak peek of both traditional and digital. I love the new format and think you will too. Before you judge it you’ll need to take the time to review and then schedule a few Parties of your own. That’s my challenge to each of you, schedule your 1st Party using the new template and let me know how it goes.
3. Storybook 4.0 Software!!! Yippee!! As you know I love Storybook and creating digital albums, this was my favourite announcement of the weekend.
4. Bahamas! Who wouldn’t want to go?? I do and I’m hoping each of you will consider this incentive trip set for May 6-9, 2010 in Paradise Island, Bahamas.
5. Leadership Conference is in Orlando, Florida on January 12-15, 2012. And what’s awesome about this is that the points you are earning for the incentive trip to the Bahamas can also earn you free registration to Leadership in Orlando! If you aren’t currently a leader but want to be one or if you’ve been sitting on the sidelines with your business this is the perfect time to reignite the flame and re-launch your business, you can be there!!
6. Although I’m not an avid traditional scrapbooker I love what CM offers and the big announcement this weekend was the new Cricut Expression 2. Last year CM partnered with Cricut and they introduced a couple of cartridges only available through CM consultants. This year we have added the Cricut Expressions 2 to our product line as a commissionable product. For a short time it is exclusive to CM consutlants so check it out on cmc-network, get the details and share them with your crafty customers!
7. New Product!!! New product is a highlight every year and it seemed to me that there was a ton of new stuff introduced. Albums galore, paper packs and of course for us Digi Diva’s we’re excited about all the new downloads. Check out new product on cmc-network, you’re gonna love it!!
8. The Flip Pal mini scanner!!! Now this baby scanner is a must have, I ordered 4 of them today!!! CM invited a representative from Flip Pal to feature and demonstrate this product and it was a huge success. For now you can order directly from their website, currently this is not a commissionable CM product but I gotta believe that could be around the corner. This tool is a gem and a must have for all scrapbookers. I definitely want to see this item on our inventory list in the near future. Check out their website at www.flip-pal.com
9. Awards Ceremonies are always a highlight and I loved seeing all the Canadian gals who represented us Canucks so well walk across the stage. Congrats to all of you on a job well done.
10. Reigniting the Passion! This is a long one so be prepared!
Tomorrow is eleven months since I lost the love of my life in a tragic plane accident. I never imagined this nor was I prepared to be alone at 49 years of age. Many days I wonder how I will make it through until the next, my heart hurts and I’m alone, scared and walking unfamiliar territory without him here. He was my encourager, supporter and motivator. He challenged me in life to be the best I could be and he was very much a part of my success with Creative Memories. Chuck loved that I had found something in my life that I loved and was passionate about. He encouraged me over and over during the past 20 years, listening to my concerns and celebrating my successes.
My career has had its ups and downs but because of the strength of YOU, my team, my title as Director is strong and our team remains at the top in Canada for recruiting and sales volume. A couple of years ago I really questioned my commitment to CM and how I would manage to stay involved with the busy schedule that Chuck and I had, but I just could not walk away. I often thought back to the “original” reason of “Why I became a CM consultant” over 20 years ago. It was because I believed in the mission!! With three young daughters at the time and mounds of photos just waiting to be showcased in quality albums I began my journey as a consultant. And then with the realization that others needed to hear this message of how they too could share their photos and stories in keepsake albums, I set out on my journey. The rest is history. When I think about the reason I’m still in CM, well it hasn’t changed! I love the mission, I love creating albums, and I love preserving memories. Today more than ever this is important. Even after 20 years and approximately 80 completed albums I still have mounds of photos, some of them more precious than ever.
So today, even though my #1 fan, my #1 supporter and encourager is not here with me I feel his presence. I know Chuck would want me to continue to be involved with something that I LOVE and something that has always give me a sense of accomplishment, joy and pride. I love and admire my CM friends, team members and my (although few) customers and now more than ever I need these relationships in my life.
So, I’m here to stay. Showcase was exactly what I needed to remind me of why I’m a CM consultant and why I do what I do. It was also the catalyst that I needed to reignite and re-launch my CM business. I love what I do and I can’t imagine not being a part of this amazing journey.
I thank each and every one of you for your support, love and patience over the last several months. I have not been the leader that I know I can be, you have shown me grace. I know that my situation allowed me this time to work on healing and I’m forever grateful to each of you and Creative Memories for allowing me to do that. This is a long road and I know it’s far from over but I’m healing and moving forward.
Finally, not only am I planning to re-commit to my business I want to re-commit to each of you.
• This is my 1st blog update since late August of last year but there will be more to come. I’m committing to regular communication through my blog with postings for Unit Meetings, Recognition, and Consultant Challenges, Tips and Ideas and much more.
• I’m also committing to reaching out to my team leaders by visiting them and/or their teams at least once per year. I will be in Lacombe, Alta on September 17th and Edmonton, Alta. October 22nd to celebrate with Bette Axani’s team and Cheryl Richards team.
• I have recommitted to our Calgary Area meetings which are usually held on the 1st Tuesday of every month. The area meetings are getting a little facelift this fall and they will be incorporating some social events and digital training events. I will post all events on www.matsonmailbox.blogspot.com in the future.
• As well, because of my passion for digital scrapbooking I will be hosting training sessions in my home for customers and consultants beginning in September. Watch my blog for the upcoming training dates.
• I’ve printed a Consultant Communication sheet and I plan to call leaders and consultants monthly. If you are interested in weekly communication or phone calls please let me know and we will make that happen. I will be looking at my agenda this week and setting aside 2 days per month for these calls, daytime or evening calls will be an option so if you have a preference please let me know.
• My focus will be my 1st line, Central Team and Leaders who have an upline that has limited or no communication with their teams.
• I plan to encourage and challenge you to move forward with your business and more importantly I hope I can be the leader that “leads the way”. Genevieve Skory talked about two different types of leaders; Leaders by Title or VIP Leaders. I want to be in the VIP group for sure, I want to be a leader of Vision, Influence and Perspective.
As always I’m cheering each of you on in your CM journey, many blessings to you as you move forward with CM this fall. Ask yourself, “Why did I become a Creative Memories consultant?” Has that changed? Reignite the passion for your business, host your own Creative Memories Party using the new format, share an album with a friend, call an old customer that you haven’t talked to in a while, sit down and write out your top 3 goals for this year and then share your successes and stories with me. I look forward to hearing from YOU!
Hugs, Elaine
No comments:
Post a Comment